by Moody Adams God never does anything concerning this earth without first revealing His plans to us. Throughout the world’s history, God has given warnings of impending situations. Amos 3:7 says, “Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.”
God gives us plenty of warning about the future and shows us the details of major events before they happen. In Isaiah 48:3-5, God reveals the future to help us to overcome our stubborn unbelief. “I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass. Because I knew that thou art obstinate, and thy neck is an iron sinew, and thy brow brass; I have even from the beginning declared it to thee; before it came to pass I shewed it thee.”
There are 7 signs regarding the nations that we are seeing fulfilled. This tells us to look up for the coming of Christ.
1.Jerusalem reunited “And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled” (luke 21:24).
During the Six-Day War of 1967, Israel captured all of Jerusalem, putting it fully under Jewish rule for the first time since the Roman destruction in 70 A.D. This fulfilled the prophecy about the end of the times of the Gentiles.
The future of the world greatly depends on the future of this city. To Jews, Jerusalem was the city of the great prophets and the capital of the Kingdom of Israel and Judah under King David and his son King Solomon. The first and second temples were the center of worship until the destruction of the city by the Romans in 70ad.
2. Jerusalem a burdensome stone “And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces , though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it” (Zechariah 12:3). The little city in this desert land is the most burdensome place on earth as nations fight over it and no leader can bring peace.
3. All nations against Israel For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle” (Zechariah 14:2). Syria to the north, Jordan to the east, Egypt to the south, are sworn enemies of Israel. In the U.N. they cannot get any vote for Israel. Many feel Israel’s last friend, the U.S., is no longer in support. At their recent convention, the ruling party took Jerusalem as the capital of Israel out of their platform.
4. Coalition forming against Israel “And I will turn thee back , and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth , and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee. Be thou prepared , and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them. After many days thou shalt be visited : in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel . . . And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army: And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days . . . (Ezekiel 38:4-7, 15).
The nation forming this attack on Israel, ‘thy place out of the north,’ can only be Russia, the most northern country above Israel. She will form a coalition with three other countries, arm them for war and protect them “Be thou prepared , and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them.” Russia has provided arms to these nations and voted to protect them from U.N. votes with her veto.
5. libya In Daniel 11, we learn that Libya is one of the countries that will be under the control and direction of the Antichrist in “the last days.” The Hebrew Prophet Daniel tells us that “a despicable person will arise” during “a time of tranquility” and will seize global power “by intrigue” and by “overflowing forces” in the End Times. This person, the Antichrist, ”will do as he pleases, and he will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will speak monstrous things against the God of gods; and he will prosper until the indignation is finished, for that which is decreed will be done.” The riots in Libya are setting the stage for the coming anti-christ and his wars.
6. Egypt A strong leader will arise in Egypt, and become ‘the King of the south.’ (Egypt is the country directly south of Israel, the geographic center of the Bible. Egypt will engage in an all out war.
“And the king of the south shall be strong , and one of his princes; and he shall be strong above him, and have dominion ; his dominion shall be a great dominion. . . “And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind , with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over” (Daniel 11:5, 40).
Bible prophecy buffs are abuzz over the recent developments in Egypt. Scripture predicted, “And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom. And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards. And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts.” ( Isaiah 19:2-4).
“And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind , with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over” (Daniel 11:40).
7, Persia (modern Iran). and Ezekiel 38 Ezekiel's roster of nations for the Gog-Magog war continues to align perfectly for the first time in history. "Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them.”(Ezekiel 38:5). Persia recently changed her name to Iran. Many still call her Persia. Whichever name you use you are referring to the country on the brink of having nuclear weapons and sworn to destroy Israel.
For the world this is all bad news, but for the Christian believers it is good news. It is assurance God is on the throne, everything is going according to his plans, and Jesus is coming soon. “And when these things begin to come to pass , then look up , and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh” (Luke 21:28).