Russia Signs Deal for $10 Billion Nuclear Power Plant 06/02/2015

Midnight Call
Jordan signed an agreement with Russia worth $10 billion that sets the legal basis for building the kingdomís first nuclear power plant, with a total capacity of 2,000 megawatts.

Jordan imports nearly 98 percent of its energy from oil products and crude and is struggling to meet electricity demand, which is growing by more than 7% annually due to a rising population, and industrial expansion.

Russia, especially keen to tap lucrative new markets for its nuclear technology and know-how as it battles Western economic sanctions imposed over the Ukraine crisis, will meet 49% of the projectís costs and Jordan the remaining 51%.

comments powered by Disqus