Here are the 10 real reasons for getting them out of The Ten Commandments have to go and it has nothing at all to do with the separation of church and state. That is all spin. Here are the 10 real reasons for getting them out of sight.
1. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" upsets the Muslims and Buddhist, who want to put Muhammad and Buddha ahead of Jehovah.
2. "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven" is intolerant of Catholic priests who instruct their people to bow to the graven images of Jesus and the saints.
3. "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain" is intolerant of the football coaches who delight in filling stadiums with their boisterous blasphemy.
4. "Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work" is unfair to those who choose to work five days, play two and worship none.
5. "Honour thy father and thy mother" interferes with a child's right to sass, scream, deceive and disobey.
6. "Thou shalt not kill" is unfair to the doctors who make millions killing pre-born children, not to mention Muslim freedom fighters killing civilians.
7. "Thou shalt not commit adultery" shows no tolerance for the insatiable slaves of sex who are in constant need of new and different fixes.
8. "Thou shalt not steal" is intolerant of all the poor needy souls committing insurance fraud, tax fraud, Medicare fraud, etc.
9. "Thou shalt not bear false witness" discriminates against the privacy rights of deceivers who protect their privacy by lying.
10. "Thou shalt not covet" shows intolerance for the greedy souls who simply want what their neighbor has and what they believe they rightly deserve.