Bible refers to national leaders as Kings or prince, or governors, or authorities, or judges. Here 8 requirements for a national leader:
1. Fear God 2 Samuel 23:3, “He that rules over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.” Exodus 18:21, “you shall provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God… and place such over them, to be rulers”
2. Righteous Proverbs 16;12 It is an abomination to kings to commit wickedness: for the throne is established by righteousness. 3. Wisdom Proverbs 8:12-16, I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.
4. Honesty Proverbs. 17:7 Excellent speech becometh not a fool: much less do lying lips a prince.
5. Merciful Proverbs 20:28 Mercy and truth preserve the king: and his throne is upholden by mercy.
6. Selector of good men around him Proverbs 29:12 If a ruler hearken to lies, all his servants are wicked.
7. Sexually moral Proverbs 31:1-3, The words of king Lemuel, the prophecy that his mother taught him. What, my son? and what, the son of my womb? and what, the son of my vows? Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings.
8. Sober Proverbs 31:4-5, It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink: Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.