CALVANIST PERVERTING THE GOSPEL; SAYING JESUS DID NOT DIE FOR EVERYONE
by Moody Adams It is reported that 30% of all the young preachers coming out of Southern Baptist seminaries are “Calvinists;” believing that Jesus Christ only died for a select group of people and nobody else can be saved. There is a obvious silence from denominatonal leaders?
While Calvinism is very appealing to a generation that doesn’t want to be responsible for anything, and is too lazy to get out and work hard to win souls, it contradicts the Bible.
Calvinists try to pervert the Bible by saying it does not mean what it says. In John 3:16 they declare that “world” doesn’t really mean the entire world and “whosoever” doesn’t really mean anyone: "God so loved THE WORLD, that he gave his only begotten Son" -- that it was so that "WHOSOEVER" could believe on Him and be saved.
Likewise, all the verses that tell us Christ died for all men are dismissed as not meaning what they say. Remember when Clinton said “sex” doesn’t mean sex and questioned what “is” meant?
But God, who foresaw that false prophets would try to twist the truth, made it very clear that Christ died for all men.
The Bible says that Christ died: - For the ungodly (Rom. 5:6); if all are ungodly, as Calvinists believe, then Christ died for all. - For all (2 Cor. 5:14-15); if God knows all things, as Calvinists believe, we assume He knows what “all” means. - For our sins (1 Cor. 15:3); if all men have sins, as Calvinists believe, then Christ died for all men. - While we were yet sinners (Rom. 5:8); if all men are sinners, as Calvinists believe, then Christ died for all.
Unlike the Muslims who say Christ did not die for anyone (someone took His place on the cross), Calvinists say he did die, but only for an elected few.
God has not predestined some people to be saved and some people to be lost. God desires all men to be saved (1 Tim. 2:4) and all men to come to repentance (2 Pet. 3:9).
If God wants all men to save, He certainly would not have died for only a few: “For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For [there] [is] one God and one Mediator between God and men, [the] Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time” (1 Timothy 2:3-6).
If God is not willing for any man to perish, He certainly would not have only died for a limited number: “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9).
If the death of the wicked does not please God, God would have offered His Son for all: “Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?” (Ezekiel 18:23).
Most Calvinists are not only dishonest with the world of God; they are also dishonest with their churches. They do not stand up and tell their congregations what they believe: “Some of you are born to burn in hell forever and there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it;” “We want you to give money to send missionaries, who cannot change the eternal destiny of one single person.”
Calvinists are also cowards, picking on young students rather than debating those who are qualified to defend the true gospel.
If anyone is worse than the deceived Calvinists who believe a lie, it is men who know the truth and have decided that unity with the heretics is more important than the truth of God’s word. Cooperating with these people may help a denomination's finances, at least if people do not find out what is going on, however is is not going to help the churches, nor the Kingdom of God.
God's umbrella is not big enough for both those teaching the Calvainist heresy and the true Gospel.
2. CALVINISTS SAY GOD'S GRACE IN UNRESISTIBLE You do not have to have a PHD, nor read Greek to know Calvinism is a false teaching. They teach God's grace is irrestible, meaning He says whoever he wants to. Two facts:
1. God wants everyone to be saved: “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9).
2. Everyone is not saved. If God is not willing for any to perish, and His saving grace is "irrestible," then all would have to be saved, whether they wanted to be or not. All you have to do is look around you and see all the wicked, God hating sinners in our world to know Calvinism cannot be true.
Calvinism is a human philosophy that takes words out of context, tries to change their meaning and fails to compare them with all scriptures of the subject, in an effort to make the philosophy sound "scriptual."
The fourth point of Calvinism's heresy is that God has selected some for salvation and that they cannot resist His grace, They have to be saved whether they want to or not. This, they call, “Irrestible Grace.”
Four groups of people have clearly “resisted God’s grace:
1. SIMPLE FOOLS RESIST THE SPIRIT THAT IS POURED OUT ON THEM Proverbs 1:22-26 teaches that simple fools resist God’s Spirit’s efforts to reach them: them: "How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity? For scorners delight in their scorning, And fools hate knowledge. Turn at my rebuke; Surely I will pour out my Spirit on you; I will make my words known to you. Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, Because you disdained all my counsel, And would have none of my rebuke, I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes”
2. JERUSALEM’S MASSES REJECTED THE CHRIST WHO WANTED TO GATHER THEM TO HIMSELF Matthew 23:37, 38 declares, “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. For I say unto you" Christ “would,” they “would not.”
3. STEPHEN’S KILLERS The people who stoned Stephen to death resisted the Holy Spirit, Acts 7:51: “You stiff-necked people, with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are just like your fathers: You always resist the Holy Spirit!”
4. THE FATHERS OF STEPHEN’S KILLERS The fathers of Stephen’s killers resisted the Holy Spirit, Acts 7:51: “Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.”
In this tragic summary of Israelite history there is deafness of hearing God, blindness to seeing His commands, harness of hearts against God and the continuous resisting of God’s Spirit.
Calvinist try to twist the plain meaning of these Bible passages by saying these all resisted the “external” call of the Spirit, but there is an “internal call” that cannot be resisted. Of course there is no scripture teaching two kinds of Spirit calls. Acts 7:51 is not qualified to a certain call of the Spirit. It declares that the Spirit of God was resisted. This would include external, internal and all other efforts of the Holy Spirit to bring them to salvation.
In a desperate search for some scripture to support this position, and finding none, Calvinist twist Romans 8:7 to say it means that only the “elect” have a spiritual mind which leads them to always obey the internal call of the Spirit.
However, studying Romans 8:1-8 it is obvious that the passage means those who are spiritually minded will be obedient to the commands of God and those who are carnally minded will be disobedient. Acts 7:51 says they resisted the Holy Spirit. This would mean their spiritual minds, carnal minds, and what ever form of mind they might have, chose to resist the Holy Spirit.
Romans 8:29-30 is also misunderstood by the Calvinist: “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.” Calvinist reason that every one God predestined is called, justified and glorified.
There are three points they miss. One is they ignore the complete context. The point of Romans 8:26-31 is that God is helping those of who love Him, and if He is for them, who can be against them.
Two is God, who has foreknowledge, predestines those He foreknows will choose to believe in Him and love Him.
Three, those He “calls” are those who are called effectively. The Jamieson, Fausset, Brown commentary explains “called”: ‘It always means "internally, effectually, savingly called." It denotes the first great step in personal salvation and answers to "conversion." When compared with other scripture, this is clear. Proverbs 1:24 says God calls some and they refuse. Romans 8:30 refers to those who answer the call; who are “effectually, savingly” called.
If man did not have free will to chose to reject God, they would no have a free will to love God. They would be mere puppets on a string.
Pray for Calvinist to be converted to believe the Bible, instead of their human philosophy, and to quit recruiting and corrupting young Cristians.